Flavours, Food and Vinnies!
Turn your love of creating food into culinary compassion!
From hosting an event to selling scrumptious treats to displaying your culinary skills at a cook off, it’s a piece of cake to fundraise and every dollar raised will make a positive change to those who are doing it tough.
Raise funds via a bake sale
Channel your baking prowess and gather the community for a sweet event that not only satisfies cravings but also contributes to a meaningful cause.
Grab your BBQ tongs!
Rally your community for a BBQ fundraiser to support Vinnies! Host a sizzling event where friends, neighbors, and supporters come together for delicious food and a great cause.
Hold a High Tea
Delight in the art of giving by hosting a high tea to raise funds for Vinnies! Invite friends, family, and community members to an elegant afternoon filled with delectable treats, exquisite teas, and heartfelt conversations
Check out our Resources and Toolkit!
Bake it Forward
Let’s turn every cup of tea and every bite of a scone into a gesture of kindness! To get you baking, we love this scone with jam and cream recipe.
- 2 cups of self-raising flour.
- ¼ cup of sugar.
- ½ teaspoon salt.
- 1/3 cup cold unsalted butter, cut into small cubes.
- 1 cup of milk.
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract (optional).
- Cream, whipped to form slight peaks, serve plain or sweeten with a touch or sugar or vanilla.
- Your choice of delicious Jam, strawberry, raspberry or apricot!
- Preheat oven to 220c. Line a tray with baking paper.
- Mix the flour, sugar and salt. Add the butter pieces and combine with the dry ingredients – do this using your fingertips – the result should give you a crumb mixture.
- Create a well in the mixture and pour in the milk and optional vanilla extract.
- Gently mix the ingredients together with a spatula, starting from the centre.
- Place the mixture onto a lightly floured board and knead gently, don’t overdo it.
- Spread the dough to about 2.5cms thick and using a round cutter or knife shape the scones.
- Place the scones on a baking paper lined tray.
- Bake the scones until golden, approximately 12-15 minutes.
Serve your warm delicious scones with your favourite jam and a dollop of cream!
Fire Your Grill for Good!
Grab your tongs and raise funds and awareness for people experiencing homelessness by holding your BBQ. It’s so easy to get started, check out our toolkit.
Getting Started: Your BBQ Fundraiser Toolkit
- Plan Your BBQ: Choose a date, secure a location, and invite friends, family, and neighbors to join the sizzling fun.
- Signature BBQ Recipes: From mouthwatering burgers to delicious veggie skewers, make your BBQ unforgettable with a menu that delights all taste buds. Check out our marinade recipe in our toolkit.
- Spread the Word: Create a buzz on social media, local bulletin boards, and community newsletters. Encourage attendees to spread the word and bring guests!
- Donation Stations: Set up easy donation stations at your event to collect contributions from attendees who want to make a direct impact or use your personalised QR code.
- Games and Entertainment: Elevate the atmosphere with games, live music, or a raffle to keep everyone engaged and entertained.
Bunnings BBQ’s are another fun way to raise funds for Vinnies, so if you are interested in holding a BBQ, please click here for information and don’t hesitate in contacting us for any assistance.
Thank you for being our secret ingredient by supporting Vinnies to help raise funds for people in need!